Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Dinner #12 - Chicken Tenders!

If there's one thing I love more than chicken, it's smaller, bite-sized bits of chicken! I decided to give a whirl at making my own battered and fried chicken tenders!

The batter consisted of a little more than a cup of flour, about a tablespoon of black pepper, and a dash of cayenne pepper. I had forgotten to put the chicken out to thaw before leaving for work in the morning, so I put it in the microwave and set it to defrost, but stopped it while it was still a little frozen in the middle. I used a giant knife and cut the breast pieces into nice long and thick strips, rolled them in the batter mixture, and dropped them in the fryer.

Once the chicken was done, I sliced up some mushrooms, battered them, and fried them as well. While the last bits were frying up, I tossed together a nice spinach and tomato salad with a little Parmesan cheese and raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I then topped the salad with the fried mushrooms and served the chicken with a little BBQ sauce for dipping.

I was surprised at how easy it turned out to make the chicken tenders, and how good the were. The mushrooms were alright, but the thicker pieces were better than the thinner and crispier ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment