Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Dinner #11 - BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches!

We live in Texas, and one of the staples of Texas cuisine is BBQ. I picked up a huge pork shoulder from Sam's and decided to make us some pulled pork sandwiches! Today is Martin Luther King day and the high school is closed, so I requested the day off to spend with my wife as well. This worked out to give me some extra time to focus on the BBQ pulled pork as well.

The pork shoulder was too big to just drop in the giant crock-pot we have, so I had to cut it into large chunks first. I also chopped up two onions and had a bottle of my favorite BBQ sauce - Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ. I put one chopped onion in the crock-pot, piled on the large pork chunks, added the second onion to the top, and covered it all in a full bottle of BBQ sauce. I then set the crock-pot on low and the timer to twelve hours.

When I got up this morning, I pulled the large chunks of meat apart. This didn't take much effort though, as the meat just fell apart as I picked it up. I then turned the crock-pot back on low for another four hours. Once it was time for dinner, I put the pulled pork on the bolillo rolls, added some more sauce, and some pickles. Even after dinner, we had tons of leftovers, so we'll have having BBQ pulled pork sandwiches for lunch the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment