Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dinner #9 - Hamburgers!

No matter the time of the year, there's nothing quite like a good ol' hamburger.  Instead of just buying the hamburger patties, I decided to make them myself this time.  I mixed together about 1.5lbs of 100% angus beef, 0.5lbs of breakfast sausage, black pepper, garlic powder, 4 giant mushrooms (chopped), and about half of a medium-sized white onion (chopped as well).  I also squeezed in 4 whole limes worth of juice.  I made this into 4 giant burger patties and stuck it in the freezer until burger night.

Once the patties were thawed, I fired up the stove and prepped the pan with some Country Bob's all purpose sauce.  Normally I'd just use Worcestershire sauce on the meat, but Bob's was calling to me when I passed by it at Kroger.  Bob's has a very nice flavor and tastes like a mix of both Worcestershire sauce and A1.  While cooking the patties, I got some sweet potato fries going in the oven with a little black pepper, sea salt, and cinnamon.

The patties were big, but fit nicely on the large Kaiser buns, and were accompanied by tomatoes, a little raw onion, and a slice of cheese.  The flavor of the meat with the various ingredients and Bob's sauce was fantastic, and the little hint of lime with each bite was a refreshing addition.  I wasn't completely happy with the texture and consistency of the meat though and I'm not too sure what I could do differently to improve it with the current ingredients.  Maybe I should have made smaller patties...but this is Texas.  Everything is bigger in Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment