Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Dinner #6 - Wings!

A few years ago, my wife and I used to meet down to this little wings place once a week after work flappy goodness and fries. We've since found other wings places we enjoy more, but in an attempt to capture that same old excitement of "wings night" ...I made wings!



Kroger had a nice big pack of chicken wings on sale, so I washed them up, prepped the oil, and got to work.  I decided to do half of them "naked" and the other half with a light flour and black pepper batter. While the naked wings were frying, I tossed some sweet potato fries in the oven, and got started on the sauce. I found a recipe online for a "honey soy wings sauce" but didn't have all the ingredients and improvised a bit. The main part of the sauce was equal parts honey and soy sauce (we prefer the low sodium kind). To liven it up a bit, I added in just a little bit of the Sriracha chili paste.



The fries came out nicely and I seasoned them with a little sea salt, black pepper, and cinnamon. I decided to put the sauce in a little dipping bowl instead of coating the wings, that turned out to be a good move as it wasn't as messy to eat. Both types of wings, naked and bread, were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment